ACS "FILE_CREATED" Trigger - Trigger is executed on subfolders when "parentFolder" is set
When you define a value for the “parenFolder” Input value in the ACS “FILE_CREATED” trigger, the trigger will be executed also for all the subfolders of this selected folder.
Currently, according to this field description, we expect that the trigger is executed only on the selected folder and not also in its own subfolers.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create a content trigger with the “FILE_CREATED” Event source
2. Specify a correct value for the “parentFolder” input value & Save the trigger.
3. Save & Deploy the APA project.
4. Create in ACS a subfolder into the specified “parentFolder” configuration.
5. Upload a document in this subfolder. The trigger runs when we were expecting a single execution for the directory defined by the "parentFolder" parameter.
Expliciting a “parentFolder” value in the trigger configuration will only allow the trigger to run on this folder.
All the subfolders of the folder defined by the “parentFolder” parameter are initiating the trigger’s execution
Tested on m11
The proposed solution here is to add a checkbox “Include subfolders” as an option. By default, the checkbox won’t be checked. In order to react to a file event in a subfolder, users will need to check that option.