Community Version 201602) Email sent with wrong sender address

Description

Description
Alfresco is ignoring the sender address in the configuration.

Environment

  • Community Edition 5.1.e

  • Following the instructions in the 5.1 video

Steps to Reproduce

  • Configure with the following settings

Expected Behavior
Emails should be sent using the email address I supplied

Observed Behavior
The Mail arrives with a sender address of

Note

didn't have an effect anyhow. When set to false, the mails was sent as well.

Environment

Debian

Testcase ID

None

Activity

Show:
All Replies
March 11, 2016, 2:50 AM

[This comment has been reassigned to allreplies@alfresco.com as part of the Alfresco cloud migration project. The author of this comment was resplin] Moving to our queue for reproducing regressions.

Thank you for the clean report!

All Replies
March 11, 2016, 2:56 AM
Edited

[This comment has been reassigned to allreplies@alfresco.com as part of the Alfresco cloud migration project. The author of this comment was resplin] The note about it not seeing the smtp.auth setting suggests to me that the configuration file isn't getting picked up at all.

  • Did you restart your server? It only reads the file on system start-up.

  • Does Alfresco see other changes you make in the alfresco-global.properties? If you break the database, does Alfresco complain?

We tried reproducing this error, and the system appears to be functioning properly.

All Replies
March 11, 2016, 4:13 AM

[This comment has been reassigned to allreplies@alfresco.com as part of the Alfresco cloud migration project. The author of this comment was resplin] To use the property mail.from.default
You have to set the property mail.from.enabled
This is documented here: http://docs.alfresco.com/5.1/concepts/email-outboundsmtp-props.html

All Replies
March 12, 2016, 3:28 AM

[This comment has been reassigned to allreplies@alfresco.com as part of the Alfresco cloud migration project. The author of this comment was kludikovsky] Yes, I did restart the server.

The weird thing is, that at midnight I got some

Alfresco Share: Recent Activities

mail which now had the correct sender mail set. Even as I have not changed anything since then (at least not that I am aware of).
As I just read this now, I have also not set the mail.from.enabled, and stil it works now - at least as far as I can say for the moment.
I actually followed the instructions from the tutorial video http://docs.alfresco.com/community/concepts/community-videos-13.html.

I don't have any explanation, as I also waited for the restart to complete (watching the htop on the server).

So for the moment I'll consider this as solved but can't say why.
Sorry for bothering you.

All Replies
October 31, 2020, 11:48 AM

[This issue has been reassigned to allreplies@alfresco.com as part of the Alfresco cloud migration project. The reporter of this issue was kludikovsky]

Not a bug

Assignee

All Replies

Reporter

All Replies

Labels

None

Security Severity

None

Patch Attached

None

Sprint Number

None

Documentation required

None

Documentation Impact

None

Resource

None

Regression

None

Escalation level

None

Triage

None

Release Train

None

Delivery Team

None

Components

Affects versions

Priority

Minor